Saturday, May 19, 2007

tired, at A Function.

I am tired.
Only a shell-
In the corner of
A crowded but empty room
Too brightly lit
Too full of people,
Shells themselves-
Clumsy, overdressed nothing.
It is noisy.
Giggles and chatter and infant wails.
Hearty laughs and
sympathetic exclamations.
It's all here.

I am alone.

In my corner,
My mind is open-
The lock wrenched,
The key lost,
Empty phrases flowing
In and out and in
Meaningless,
Leaving no trace.
Thankfully.

More nothing.
Sounds, like garbage
Floating on a once beautiful lake
Drift about in mire
Going here and there
With every ripple.
And people who come,
Who look for beauty,
Find only this.

2 comments:

joey said...

atlas shrugged...dagny taggarts first party..she felt like this..
see that means theres a latent ayn rand in u..

rhea said...

thanks. the tought of latent ayn randiness in me gives me much pleasure.